Friday, June 18, 2010

Corny Song

I know this corny song about friendship. Its got some pretty meaningful lyrics, but the song just cracks me up every time:

Packing up the dreams
God planted
In the fertile soil of you
I Can't believe the hopes He's granted
Means a chapter in your life is through

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong


And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.

With the faith and love God's given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you'll live in
Is the strength that now you show

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

That a lifetime's not too long
To live as friends (to live as friends)
To live as friends

Soanyways.. Me and my friend were sitting on the bus taking turns choosing songs from my iPod.
We ended up listening to this song. She and I laughed a little as we both find a lot of joy in listening to this song. About halfway through the song she said, "You know what I just realized? This is our last bus ride together". She is moving to Jarvis next year (and if you don't know where Jarvis is, most people don't so its okay), so basically we won't ride the bus together anymore.

Its a bit of a saddening time of year. Everyone is going their separate ways for summer. Exciting that it is finally summer, but after graduation I won't see some of my Grade 12 friends for a long time. I get to spend the summer with 2 of my best friends, then both of them are going off to University and College.

Corny song has some truth I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment