Sunday, June 6, 2010

Camp Shalom

I am going to be working at a summer camp this summer. Camp Shalom is a Christian camp in Cambridge, ON. Alot of people think that it is a Jewish camp, but 'Shalom' is a Hebrew greeting that means Peace. I have been going to camp every summer since I was going into grade 1. I just love camp so much and Camp has been an incredible part of my faith journey. Camp was where I accepted Jesus into my heart and I have learned more about Him every year that I go. I am super excited that I will be working with a bunch of my friends, but also that I will meet the new staff that I have never met before. I will be working in the Kitchen as an assistant cook. The Head cook is Mama Jo and the other assistant cook's name is Sara.

The theme verse is Psalm 23:
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.


Here is the Biography I wrote for on Camp Shalom's website:
My name is Brittany Vos. I am going in to Grade 12 at Hamilton District Christian High school. This will be my 12th year at Camp Shalom, but my first time working there. When I have spare time, you can often find me playing any game (examples: Settlers of Catan and Cribbage). I play the violin and another random fact is that I am in a bell choir at my church. My favourite animal is a fish and I have one. His name is Nacho, named after one of my much-loved movies “Nacho Libre”. Sometimes I make up words just for fun, and then use them to see if eventually they will make it in the dictionary. I joined a book club so I guess I like reading. I love kids and I babysit whenever I get the chance. I am really excited to be working in the kitchen this summer and to meet all the amazing campers, volunteers and staff at Camp Shalom and to see how God works in their lives.


I'm SUPER excited for summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment