Friday, January 28, 2011

Father Me.



You have loved me with such a perfect love,
Fathered me with such a tender touch.
Your faithfulness surrounds my soul,
Your mercy lifts my head.
How could I repay all You have done?

Father me, faithful Father.
Father me;
No one else could ever be
The perfect Father God to me.

You now clothe me with Your righteousness,
Hide me in the shadow of Your wings.
And even in my darkest days,
Your light will guide my way.
Hallelujah to the King of grace
(Paul Oakly "Father Me)


I think back to what happened in Haiti just over a year ago. Thousands of people lost their lives in an earthquake. Thousands of children lost their fathers.

I think of children who never had a father figure. Their father let them down. Especially for those who fear their father will do hurtful things to them.

...there are so many stories.


Let God be your father, because no matter what comes your way, He is there. He will never leave you (Deuteronomy 31:6). He holds your hand (Isaiah 41:13). He loves you HE LOVES YOU.
HE LOVES YOU
He has plans to Prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and future. (Jeremiah 29:11)


He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. Deuteronomy 10:18




Our Father. Who art in Heaven. Hallowed be YOUR name.

No comments:

Post a Comment