Sunday, January 16, 2011

Boys and Girls


I have a few years under my belt of babysitting experience. In Grade 6 I got the official babysitting Licence thanks to the Red Cross in Waterdown. But throughout my years of being a babysitter, I have always laughed at the differences in babysitting boys and babysitting girls.


For instance I have babysat alot of all girl families, or families with the girl to boy ratio being all girls to one boy. When you babysit girls:

Do crafts. Colouring or any sort of crafts will keep girls occupied for hours (and hours)
When you play, they do not like to play to rough. No body gets hurt. Girls are loud and they scream. Girls like to play games or play pretend. Dress up. Everyone plays a part whether it is the mom or the dog, the baby or the neighbour. Princesses and pretty things are what girls talk about...O GIRLS :)

But I have babysat boys as well. In my experinces babysitting boys:

Boys are loud and rather than screaming they yell. They tackle you and they aren't afraid to hurt you or their siblings. You can bring a craft, but they won't necessarily do the craft at all or if they do, they will not be occupied for long. Boys are full of action and constantly have to be doing something. Playing pretend does not involve house, cooking with fake food, or being neighbours, it involves bad guys and guns and war. Boys can go on talking about farts and making fart noises and entertain themselves...O BOYS :)


What can I say. Little girls and little boys are different. The beauty of God's creation. Oh how it makes me smile.



I love the kids that I babysit. Boys and Girls. They all hold a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. ..and i bet the kids you baby sit all say "we have lots of baby sitters but I like Britt the best :) "

    H

    ReplyDelete