Monday, February 28, 2011

hello.

So Basically I am really failing at blogging this semester. I have Families and Biology and Chemistry and my mind is constantly trying to wrap itself around the chemical formulas for enzymes and the condensation reaction for blah blah...I love families class, but un-necessary homework...well its just...not necessary. I haven't been able to read a book for book club since last semester. I go to the meetings and enjoy a treat that our lovely librarians bake and I listen to the Grade 10 girls who are just so enthusiastic and avid readers. I can not remember the last book that I read for enjoyment or just because I love to read. I missed a youth service to catch up on homework. I missed a weeks worth of lunch hours to do homework.

sigh. I make it sound way worse than it actually is. Haha. I make time for myself occaisionally (for instance I got to see some friends on Saturday that I haven't seen in a while and spent a little bit of time with 'em!) So fun!

But I see Grade 12 as the best and worst year. You can finally see something beyond the walls of high-school coming in the near future. Each and everyday is a step closer to being finished with the drama of school and the daily routine of getting up early and catching your standard Yellow school bus and on a good day getting stuck in traffic and getting late to class with a legitimate reason. There have definitely been highlights of my year which have included (but are not limited to) the Grade 12 trip and spare last semester. I like finding a reason to smile everyday and there is always something that can make you smile.

Maybe its easy for me to say I can hardly wait for school to be over and for this new journey to start because I am taking a year off before going off to a University or College. Where will I be after my year off? Couldn't say at this point.

But for now...

O Grade 12. Taking it one day at a time. Soon enough it will be March Break and I will be singing Odes of "Joy to the World March Break Has Come" (coincidentally to the same tune as the Pop Christmas Classic "Joy to the World")


and in a moment like this i remember to SDC (smile despite circumstances) and think of Nacho Libre quotes in which I smile. ALOT. "My life is good. Real good"

No comments:

Post a Comment