Saturday, September 4, 2010

Summer is almost Over.

This summer I wished it would never end. It was a beautiful summer filled with unity and fellowship. I felt God so near. I've learned so much about myself and worship. I learned alot about cooking and baking, too. I EVEN think that I learned how to be less accident prone (not a lot, but a little) or maybe I just learned tolerance of pain. I saw my first 9 shooting stars. Going star spinning on gravel is not a good idea. It seems as though it was just a couple weeks ago that school finished and I wrote my exams early and was heading off to camp.

And now... somehow... we are here? (that is a question..How on Earth did it go that fast? How did we get from there to here?) I dunno. WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO?!??


After a summer that I can't stop thinking about and remembering, dreaming about (yes I had a dream that we were making chicken and that we forgot to put it in the fridge...long dream/story short: my dad heard me downstairs and asked me what I was doing, to which I replied 'I have to put the Chicken in the fridge'....o joy), and missing Camp. I've been keeping in contact with staff, but how would I not, after a summer like that they are a second family for example there are inside jokes in a language that we made up. I am also tempted to wear a Rats-tail in my hair one Tuesday just to get funny looks and talk about camp to everyone who looks at me weird.

And as I look back on this summer, I also look ahead to this year. Grade 12. Me equals not a big fan of school, but hey, on the positive side its my last year of highschool. I'm almost done. It could almost be defined as post-camp withdrawl. But things come and go.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.


I might label this blogpost in my mind as a rant because often a rant consists of me not knowing what I wrote at the beginning, then just writing about whats on my mind. I think that is whats happened here folks. RANT. O Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment