Friday, July 9, 2010

Camp Shalom Week Uno

Week one was awesome. Words cannot describe how amazing the experience is working with special needs is. I love spending every spare moment that I have with the special needs guests.
Going up to one of the guests who will force a laugh every time you tickle her under her chin. She sings her heart out but does not say words.

Or the guest who says:
"BRITTANY.BRITTANY. BRITTANY"
"YES"
"HI"

The guest who takes the Kazoo seriously as an instrument and has a binder full of music for his Kazoo. Love it.

The guest who says "Boo" and blows kisses at you. She kisses your hand and gives you hugs.

A guest who wanders, but will come and give you a hug

One of the guests I was sitting down with was nursing my burn.
"You should be a nurse. What do you want to be when you are older?"
"I want to be a dancer"
"Do you dance?"
"I don't dance now, but one day I will be dancing in heaven with Jesus"


I'm so proud of all the staff who were true champions through the week. With God's help, we made it through the good funny moments, but also through tough trying moments. This week I feel we really got the chance to love the guests like Jesus.


Verses to ponder:
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10

The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 1 Corinthians 12:12-13


AWESOME awesome week. I really can hardly describe it.
Praise God




2 comments:

  1. Britt, I miss you so much,and I'm so glad you're really enjoying this.
    It sounds really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are being a treasure to those campers as well. As you are blessed, so are you a blessing. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete