Monday, April 4, 2011

Not my Will but Yours be done

Not my will but Yours be done….It’s a prayer Jesus prayed. I started praying this prayer at the beginning of Grade 11. Grade 11 for me was when I started to realize that the classes I took counted toward something. I was looking toward what I was supposed to do after high school and praying where God was leading me go. Rather than a nursing program that I thought I would be attending next year, God lead me to apply to Youth With A Mission Discipleship Training School.


It wasn’t a one-day answer. God spoke to me many times over this past year, through different scripture passages or even through people (some of whom I did not even know). Sometimes I was sure that God was calling me to do this and then others I would think that it was in my head. God was patient with me and over and over confirmed that I needed to trust Him and that this was what He wanted me to do.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take” Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT)

YWAM schools are all around the world and each school has different focuses. A friend of mine loves dance so she attended a school that used her gift of dance to praise God and reach out also as a ministry for God. Other schools include talents such as sports or passions such as social justice. I knew that God was going to use me where he thought I could best serve using the gifts and talents he has given me.

And that is how I found the Children at Risk DTS in Madison, Wisconsin. I have a passion and love for working with kids. The program runs from September 18, 2011 to March 6, 2012. In Children at Risk DTS I will first be spending time in discipleship training on topics such as developing a Christian lifestyle and our role in world missions. After the training I will be going 10 weeks of field ministry ministering to Children at Risk. The outreaches usually go to Asia, Africa, Latin America, or the Caribbean including ministry to the poor, needy, orphans, refugees, and slum communities through evangelism, teaching, and work projects

I am excited to share this with you all, my church family and friends. I covet your prayers as God prepares my heart for all he has in store for next year. Please also pray for the teachers and other individuals that will be attending the DTS that God will prepare their hearts as well.


When you pray something, expect God to answer because he does.


Not my will but Yours be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment