Friday, April 22, 2011

The Dress

Last night me and the girls (aka Mom, Em, and Kat) went shopping. I knew I needed to get a prom dress sooner or later so i decided to look for it.

I have to confess, I was not the happiest shopper. I am already not a big fan of shopping, let alone shopping for a dress.

I tried on some dresses. I was quite unsure that I would even find a dress. I wasn't thrilled on going to prom. I had no idea what kind of dress I was looking for. (To be completely honest, my mom bought my grade 8 grad dress in my absence) This was my very first dress shopping excursion!

One of the stores we went to only allowed one person per change room which was quite inconvenient for zipping up dresses and taking them off again.


"This ones too short"
"That is too frilly"
"I like it...but its way out of my price range"
"I dont like the way this one fits"
"this one feels awk" (love the word awkward shortend to awk...jusst sayin')


... and finally I found THE DRESS.

The dress I will wear to my Prom. One night that I will spend with the friends and classmates I have spent four significant years with. At first I wasn't thrilled to go to Prom. I mean...if you know me, its not my thing..AT ALL to dress up for fun.

But I'm a bit more excited for it now. Its that night that we can all be together one last time to hang out. We will see each other in a couple days after at graduation to say the official "Congrats" and "Goodbyes" and the "We will keep in touch" and "All the Best"...

BUT..at prom lets have a blast! Let's finish off Highschool with laughs and memories and a night where we can shine and have fun :)




...as for the dress that has made me to go on this Prom rant...

I GUESS YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT TIL THEN TO SEE IT :)

4 comments:

  1. NO BRITTANY DON'T MAKE ME WAIT.
    You have to show me your dress TUESDAY.
    I will not be happy if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRITTANNYYYY :{
    -cries-
    -whines-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany. I miss you! And I'm totally relating to the whole- not a fan of shopping and especially dress shopping thing. Glad you found a lovely dress and I hope you post pictures afterward. :)

    ReplyDelete