Thursday, November 4, 2010

Trials of Many Kinds

I have been hearing a lot about trials lately. Trials are tough. They are trying. They can rip at the very deepest part of us. They sometimes seem like a bully that comes along and sticks their foot out to trip us.

Trials are the boy who has cancer or the girl who is in the hospital for a month. Trials are families that are struggling through to remain standing when everything seems to be pushing them down.
...friendships that are broken or being stabbed in the back ...feeling lonely...questioning where you are going in life or not where you are at now....
.....the list goes on and on and on.....

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.




No comments:

Post a Comment