Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I like to say these are the Times I Love

Maybe this is a rant about how I love to babysit. Maybe it only makes sense in my head. But rants are often about things that I like. I like to say that this rant is about something that I love (maybe even a gift). I love kids. I love spending time with them. I love to babysit.

Tonight I was babysitting a family that I have babysat since I started babysitting (what Grade 8 or something??). Now their kids are almost too old for a babysitter and I was merely there to supervise and create fun for a couple hours.

I like to say that these are the times that I love.

The times you can pretend to be one of the kids again. Be the babysitter that breaks a few rules here and there. Let them have candy and ice cream--It was Heavenly Hash. We watch Mr. Bean. We played Swipe. I loved watching them re-enacting scenes from a movie. And hearing about the teachers they don't like or stories from grade school. Tell them funny stories of when I was in gradeschool. I hear about their sports teams. If it had been a little earlier in the day, possibly we would have gone outside to shoot some hoops.

If I could forever be a babysitter. If forever kids never grew up. If forever I didn't grow up. Or that time would stop flying by at a speed that I can't count. I like to say that these are the Times I love, and I like to say that forever thats what I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment