Saturday, June 4, 2011

Roots. Candles. Graduating Class of 2011.



Over the past few weeks I have been thinking alot about graduating. Some of the people that I will stand up and graduate with I have been with for just four years or less of highschool. Some of the people I will stand up with are people I have known since our days in Kindergarten.

I do not know every single person’s plans for after graduation or in the fall. I know of people headed to the states, I know of people staying here in Ontario, maybe some people will choose to stay for an extra year of high-school. Some people have chosen a secular university or college while others are going to be at a Christian one.

I’m not going to say that we are all on the same page in our faith life, but I do know that each one of us knows of Jesus. Each one of us has been nurtured and taught in a faith-based school for some part of our life (whether since Kindergarten or maybe just for grade 12). Christian education has done its best at planting seeds, establishing roots, and growing our faith.

And in a few weeks HDCH will graduate yet another class (this time its ours), and we will stand up and graduate. I know that some of the people at graduation I will never see again. I know that next year we will be separated and we will lose things we have in common. We will have new friends and different study paths. WHO KNOWS? maybe some of my fellow classmates (or me? haha just kidding Mom) will go off and get married in some far off country.

But there’s something that we still will always have in common. We have our roots. We have the knowledge of a Risen Lord and Redeeming Savior. I pray for each one of my fellow classmates in whatever their future holds for them. I pray that we could hold on to and grow in our faith in the years to come. I have confidence that God follows us and pursues us wherever we go, but I pray that we would also follow his will for our lives and pursue a relationship with Him. I pray that people that we meet would notice something different in us. I pray that we could all be shining lights of our Savior.


Carry Your Candle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtIIFJIxdUw

There is a candle in every soul

Some brightly burning, some dark and cold

There is a Spirit who brings a fire

Ignites a candle and makes His home


Carry your candle, run to the darkness

Seek out the helpless, confused and torn

Hold out your candle for all to see it

Take your candle, go light your world

Take your candle, go light your world


Frustrated brother, see how he's tried to

Light his own candle some other way

See now your sister, she's been robbed and lied to

Still holds a candle without a flame


So Carry your candle, run to the darkness

Seek out the lonely, the tired and worn

Hold out your candle for all to see it

Take your candle, go light your world

Take your candle, go light your world


We are a family whose hearts are blazing

So let's raise our candles and light up the sky

Praying to our Father, in the name of Jesus

Make us a beacon in darkest times


Carry your candle, run to the darkness

Seek out the hopeless, deceived and torn

Hold out your candle for all to see it

Take your candle, go light your world

Take your candle, go light your world


Run to the darkness

Seek out the hopeless, confused and torn

Hold out your candle for all to see it

Take your candle, go light your world

Take your candle, go light your world

Take your candle, go light your world



We are a family whose hearts are blazing

So let's raise our candles and light up the sky

Praying to our Father, in the name of Jesus

Make us a beacon in darkest times

No comments:

Post a Comment